You can judge your leadership skills by answering yes or no to the following questions. Each yes answer counts as one
YES / NO
1. I know how to motivate each of my staff members.
2. I have frequent (weekly, bi-weekly) productive staff meetings where information is exchanged and acknowledgement is
3. I have the confidence of my team.
4. I walk the talk, I model the behavior I want from my team.
5. I keep confidential information confidential.
6. I fight for my team (for salary increases, high profile assignments, etc.)
7. I am fair and treat all staff members with respect and with equal consideration.
8. I am able to provide negative feedback in a balanced and constructive manner.
9. I am diligent, thorough and timely in doing performance appraisals.
10. My staff knows what their goals are.
11. I know what my supervisor's vision is for the department/company and have an action plan that guides my staff towards
12. I provide my staff with opportunities to refresh their skills.
13. I have a sense of humor that is not demeaning to others.
14. I know what my strengths are and am working through a career development plan to improve my areas of weakness.
15. I admit when I do not know the answer.
16. I share the credit and accolades with those who contributed.
17. I encourage my staff to maintain a balanced life.
18. I do not scream or lose my temper.
19. I know how and what to delegate.
20. I don't work 24/7, I have a life outside my career.
PERMISSION TO REPRINT: This quiz may be reprinted provided it appears in its entirety with the following attribution:
© Copyright 2002-2007 Dale Kurow. Reprinted by permission of Dale Kurow, a career and executive coach who helps individuals
find success and personal enrichment at their vocations and who works with corporations to maximize the potential of valuable
employees. For more insight about her services, or to sign-up for her free Career Essentials ezine, visit her at http://www.dalekurow.com/newsletter,
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.